MARINE RADIO COMMUNICATIONS AND TRAFFIC SERVICES HISTORY IN CANADA
The station of Barrington Passage opened on April 10, 1915 and was operated by the Government of Canada and the British Admiralty and was located at the southwestern tip of Nova Scotia.
Barrington Passage was a naval radio station that was communicating with naval vessels patrolling off New-York and other large American cities.
Originally, the station was operating with the call sign 'TS' and then 'VAL' that was eventually used by the Port Harrison (Hudson Bay) CGRS.
The station was using sparks transmitters: Poulson 25 KW arc and a 10 KW asynchronous and a 5 KW asynchronous.
The station was closed in September 1922, after the war.